Ankündigungen etc.

Moderatoren: freeyourminds, schubsi

Antworten
Tdrgregsupermoto
Tretrollerfahrer
Tretrollerfahrer

Beitrag von Tdrgregsupermoto »

HELLO from uk, my name is Greg and I have a yamaha TDR125 4GW that I am currently converting into a more updated version of a supermoto, the build will include 17 inch spoked wheel's, Usd forks, Brembo twin pot upfront,Yamaha WR200 ALUMINIUM swingarm, yamaha DT125R linkage,trail tech vapor and much more. Stay tuned for some pictures :).
schubsi
Vollblutbiker
Vollblutbiker

Re: Newbie

Beitrag von schubsi »

Hello Greg,

greets from Berlin...

nice ideas, but in Germany such modifications are not road legal, so no one would do that ;)

German authorities are such strong, you would need a homologation for everything...

In uk that is possible and allowed to be used on public roads?
You don't need any approval of the authorities?
Or will you use your bike only on private ground?

-==[Schubsi]==-
-==[Schubsi]==-

Bild
Tdrgregsupermoto
Tretrollerfahrer
Tretrollerfahrer

Hey schubsi.

Over here in England you can modify the bike but it must pass MOT test.
I believe mot is like TUV.

if the rider is age 17 or below and ride on learner plates you can not have more than 15hp.
Tdrgregsupermoto
Tretrollerfahrer
Tretrollerfahrer

Here is a picture I will share as a sneak preview before I start build thread
Dateianhänge
Progress
Progress
DSC_0266.JPG (1.12 MiB) 9632 mal betrachtet
schubsi
Vollblutbiker
Vollblutbiker

Beitrag von schubsi »

Oh, I see there is much work in future before you reach your goal ;)

Perhaps you can learn meanwhile to make the photos more tiny, 600x400 pixel (perhaps 100 kbytes) are good enough to see enough details ...
Your latest photo has ~ 1.200 kb :shock:

If you would present your bike to german TÜV --> the use on public roads would be forbidden, they would capture the CoC paper and you would have a real problem to get that bike onto the road again. So MOT is not like german TÜV :lol:

Be happy! ;)

Perhaps you can answer following: Are there in UK front lights for TDR 125 4GW/5AN which are not H4 but BA20d ? In germany there are only H4 headlights and it is only one light at the same time allowed, low beam (left) or high beam (right). I had the idea to replace the H4 (55/60W) with 2x 35W BA20d it would look much better if both head lights are on at the same time... (but at the other hand H4 makes good light) ... The headlights should have any E-homologation, so china-wares are not wanted ;)

-==[Schubsi]==-
-==[Schubsi]==-

Bild
Tdrgregsupermoto
Tretrollerfahrer
Tretrollerfahrer

They are h4 my friend,

I have a question for you sir Can you guys easily get fender plastics for 4gw I can not find same fenders in blue but same blue as mine please, I believe Dennis 22 had the same colour blue
schubsi
Vollblutbiker
Vollblutbiker

Beitrag von schubsi »

Tdrgregsupermoto hat geschrieben:They are h4 my friend,
oh, what about oncomming traffic, they would be glared, do you have special H4 bulbs in UK? Or are the front lights masked with black tape?
I have a question for you sir Can you guys easily get fender plastics for 4gw I can not find same fenders in blue but same blue as mine please, I believe Dennis 22 had the same colour blue
Explain "fender plastics"!
Do you mean front wheel fender perhaps?
Look at the photo here, with a little luck I have one in the deep of my dungeon ;)
It's a post from sept 2010, so it will not be "new", but perhaps in good condition.
This colour is a strange design of the 80th's and it will be hard to find them as well preserved spare parts...
This model of 4GW was not sold very often in Germany, IIRC.

I found: http://www.ebay.de/itm/201674046999 as a single hit...

Try to search on ebay.fr directly, if you have no problem with the french men ;)
I do that from time to time, some items you can not find if you search on uk-ebay, that happened to me some times too.

What about your original plastics? All gone or damaged?

To answer your question "Can you guys easily get fender plastics for 4gw" directly: No, not easily...

PS: This is a german forum with only few users, I don't know if they can follow us. How about your 'german'? ;)

-==[Schubsi]==-
-==[Schubsi]==-

Bild
Dennis22
Mofafahrer
Mofafahrer

Beitrag von Dennis22 »

Hello,
The Colour of my TDR is RAL 5012.
Tdrgregsupermoto
Tretrollerfahrer
Tretrollerfahrer

Thankyou Dennis that's a massive help,also do you know if 4gw will work with digital speedo?..

As regards to the headlights my bike only uses one side and both on full beam, as far as I'm aware there is no special bulb :(. I wanted to use led bulbs but the lamps are projector style and will be illegal.

Fairings. I mean side covers front and rear
schubsi
Vollblutbiker
Vollblutbiker

Beitrag von schubsi »

The Colour of my TDR is RAL 5012
But his TDR is selfmade colored, isn't it?

Yamaha's original color naming: Greenish blue solid 1
Tdrgregsupermoto hat geschrieben:do you know if 4gw will work with digital speedo?..
There are no digi signals, you have to buy one with wheel pickup in the package...
as far as I'm aware there is no special bulb :(
H4 has an extra area to light up possible foot traffic (on the right), on left oriented traffic in uk it would dazzle oncoming drivers...
I wanted to use led bulbs but the lamps are projector style and will be illegal.

You do not need LED blubs, take blue colored H4 like Nightbreaker or Nightracer (Bosch? no, Osram ;)), these are great!
Fairings. I mean side covers front and rear
Ah... no, I can't help!

If you search for: TDR 4FU/4GW/4GX/5AE/5AN are all the same 4FU marked, no difference...

-==[Schubsi]==-
-==[Schubsi]==-

Bild
schubsi
Vollblutbiker
Vollblutbiker

Beitrag von schubsi »

Have you got some fairings meanwhile?

If not, look ann klick at this: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... -306-16880

I dont know him, so at your own risk, but perhaps you find what you are looking for !?

regards

-==[Schubsi]==-
-==[Schubsi]==-

Bild
Antworten